SSDI / SSI
Oakland Lawyer Helping People Secure Disability Benefits
The federal government provides disability benefits for people who cannot work because of physical and mental conditions. What many people do not realize, however, is that the Social Security Administration denies most initial applications for:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Benefits for a disabled adult-child
- Benefits for a disabled widow or widower
It is what you do after that will determine whether you get the benefits you need to make ends meet. I am Andrew Kopp, and I have helped hundreds of people in Oakland, California, and the surrounding area with their disability benefit appeals.
Two Different Programs With Similar Rules
Both SSDI and SSI are complicated programs that many applicants do not fully understand. There are differences, and you must apply to the right one.
- SSDI is a program that pays out benefits to people who are no longer able to work because of a physical or mental disability. Workers who paid into the program through payroll taxes are eligible for these benefits.
- SSI is a needs-based program for people who are suffering from disabilities, cannot work and have minimal assets. There are different income thresholds to meet for this program, but the health requirements are the same.
Both programs have tight deadlines for each stage of the appeal process. As your lawyer, I will explain the process to you, help you gather the proper medical documentation and make sure your application is properly filled out.
Get Peace Of Mind For Your Appeal. Call Andrew J. Kopp Attorney At Law.
I know how important these benefits are to you, which is why I will work as hard as I can to help you win your appeal. Contact my law firm today at (510) 479-0055 for a free consultation. You will not owe a thing if I cannot help you overturn your claim denial.